Questions about AudioFile?
AudioFile is the easiest way to deliver auditory stimuli with synchronous triggers. Designed for scientific applications where the timing and synchronisation of stimulus streams are critical, AudioFile supports real time streaming directly from a host computer and buffered, offline playback of files stored on a high capacity SD card.
Guide Price: £1375
Easy to Integrate
AudioFile is a zero latency triggerable audio stimulus generator (ASG). It has a complete collection of analogue and digital audio outputs for easy integration. Choose from headphone and line, or optical S/PDIF for connection to a third-party amplifier. Standard TTL stimulus markers are compatible with 3rd party ERP/EEG systems.
When coupled with the MR Confon MRI audio delivery system and a BOLDscreen LCD display, it provides a complete solution for fMRI.
• A colour OLED display shows status information.
• It has a slot for a SD card for stimulus track storage. The files are stored as uncompressed 16 bit 44kHz wav files to avoid introducing audio artefacts. A 2GB card is supplied with AudioFile which gives over 3 hours of recorded stimulus.
• It is triggered with a TTL pulse, typically from a Visual Stimulus Generator (like the Cambridge Research Systems ViSaGe or Bits#). A parallel digital code is also presented, which controls which stimulus track is to be played.
• A trigger output indicates when a track is playing.
• Audio output is via an optical SPDIF output, or conventional analogue line out.
• A separate headphone output is provided.
• USB bus powered, no separate PSU required.